Unfortunately, acute or chronic pain is something that everyone in their life experiences at one time or another. Even though this is a powerful reminder from the body that something is either healing or going terribly wrong, a way to manage the pain is often required in order to live a functional lifestyle.
The first resort to manage this type of pain has typically been prescriptions or over the counter drugs. These medications do have side effects, however, and people are beginning to realize there are more natural solutions that can be as effective or more powerful than drugs. Here are 3 of them.
Often called Indian Frankincense, boswellia originates in the dry areas of India, Africa, and the Mediterranean. It is a remarkable plant and is becoming better known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is the root of chronic pain. The unique acids (boswellic acids) block the overproduction of cytokinetic activity in damaged tissues while enhancing blood flow to the joints. This combination has also been shown to increase joint mobility and loosen stiff joints.
Boswellia has shown great success at reducing inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis, and other painful conditions. Many studies have shown that it is as effective as NSAID’s, which are the most commonly prescribed drug for issues related to inflammation and chronic pain.
Another powerful anti-inflammatory food with exceptional pain relief properties, turmeric is an ancient spice commonly used in Indian and Asian cuisine. Turmeric has shown to work better than many other pain-killing drugs at relieving arthritis, joint pain, stiffness, muscle spasms, and other chronic pain conditions.
A natural painkiller and COX-2 inhibitor, turmeric has been shown to be a safe and effective remedy due to its ability to not only stop inflammation, but to suppress nerve related pain as well. This makes it exceptional for those who suffer from fibromyalgia.
Astaxanthin (asta-zan-thin) is a deep red coloured phytonutrient synthesized by microalgae called Haematococcus, and is also known as the “King of Carotenoids”. It’s grown in fresh water using sophisticated techniques that encourage the algae to grow its own powerful medicines protecting it from oxidation, UV radiation, and other environmental stressors.
Even though astaxanthin may not be as powerful as leading pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories, it is found to be one of the strongest ones in nature. Several double blind, placebo controlled animal and clinical trials shows that astaxanthin naturally inhibits many of the known inflammation mediators, which eases inflammation and pain without side effects.
It has been used effectively for joint pain, muscle recovery, and other painful conditions. Since astaxanthin is fat soluble (unlike most antioxidants) it gets carried by fat molecules directly to your muscles, tissues, and organs where it is needed most, like your brain, breast tissue, prostate tissue, skeletal muscles, and retina.
Of course, the effectiveness of these remedies relies on several factors, including the individual’s current lifestyle and dietary habits. To learn from someone who has recovered from debilitating pain naturally with a completely holistic approach (who now enjoys radiant health on a daily basis), check out Advice from a Survivor – How To Live A Healthy Life. If you’re looking for to eliminate the source of pain, the first step is almost always to Balance Your Inner Ecosystem.
Nine cancer cures that the Medical Mafia doesn’t want you to know about
Monday, February 29, 2016 by: S. D. Wells
(NaturalNews) Are you a health nut? Why not? What’s stopping you? Do you think that it’s illegal to cure diseases with food, or is that just what you read in JAMA — The Journal of the American Medical Association? Maybe you saw some label that the FDA slapped on an organic product which says food can’t claim to cure any disease or disorder — yes — that was probably it. That’s because the only way to patent US “medicine” and make a fortune is to combine in a lab synthetic chemicals that cause horrific side effects, then pay the FDA millions to approve it. Unfortunately, that method also involves selling your soul to the Medical Mafia, who control you and perpetuate the “fake war” on cancer — the one that actually mutates MORE human cells and leads to an early grave. Do you want to participate in THAT?
So without further adieu, here are nine cures for cancer proven by people who had cancer but no longer do! Shhhh! Don’t tell the Medical-Industrial Complex.
9 Cancer Cures You Might Want to Know!
1. Turmeric — Most turmeric sold in America suffers from high lead content and a high count of microbes. By purchasing cheap turmeric, you could actually be increasing the heavy metal toxins and bacteria that you consume, driving cancer cells. Do the exact opposite! Find an organic turmeric tincture that contains the phytonutrient curcumin, and you can build natural immunity.
2. Hemp seed oil — Cold-pressing the seed of the Cannabis sativa (hemp plant) produces a very important oil that is legally purchased in the United States at health food stores across the nation! It’s very high in essential fatty acid content, and it does NOT contain the psychoactive THC ingredient used by people who smoke pot. A member of the achene family of fruits, it’s regarded as a “superfood” due to its unique ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 essential fatty acids and contains up to 5% pure GLA, which is even higher than in spirulina. For thousands of years, hemp seed oil has been used in elixirs and medicinal teas to provide anti-mutagenic action which prevents genetic damage by free radicals and/or radiation. You probably won’t see banners about it at the “pink” ribbon march or “walk for the cure.”
3. Reishi mushrooms — You won’t find reishi on salads at restaurants or packaged at your typical conventional grocer. Go to health food stores and check the supplements and dried powders, usually sold as capsules. Reishi have been used to treat countless ailments in the Far East for over two millennia. In China, they’re called the “Mushrooms of Immortality.” Reishi are meant for long-term consumption and have been linked to reduced blood pressure and improved nerve function and stamina! You might treat cancer and diabetes with reishi mushroom, just don’t tell the hospital administrators or your local newspaper that it worked so well, or they might have to report you to the Medical Mafia. When you start talking about important polysaccharides and saponins that decrease cell proliferation in cancerous lungs, the oncologists’ cash registers stop ringing and they send you home to LIVE!
4. Melatonin — Hello, scavengers of free radicals! Did you know that you can combat free-radical damage WHILE you sleep? It’s true. Since its discovery over 50 years ago, melatonin has demonstrated itself as a functionally diverse molecule with antioxidant properties. A vast amount of experimental research has revealed its vital role in the body’s defense against numerous cell-damaging free radicals because it possesses 200% more antioxidant power than vitamin E. Melatonin reduces oxidative damage and has been found to be superior to glutathione and vitamins C and E. It fights free-radical-related diseases like cardiovascular disease and cancer. It’s true that the body naturally produces melatonin in the brain, but if you’re diabetic, borderline diabetic or over the age of 55, it’s common to need supplementation. Ask your naturopath!
5. Real spring water without added fluoride (with average pH level of 8.8!) — If you’re fighting cancer, you most likely are in desperation to adjust your body’s pH. Nearly every nutritionist on the planet would tell you to eat plenty of raw organic vegetables and fruits and consume lots of water — and it better be real spring water to help alkalize the body.
6. Baking soda — Yes, the cheap kind that you find in most stores! Simply put a teaspoon in a glass of water daily and help alkalize your system so cancer can’t even survive if it wanted to. Cancer cannot survive when your cells have plenty of oxygen and your body is not acidic. The baking soda is so simple that you’ll never hear this advice from the mouth of an MD or oncologist, because the AMA/FDA/FTC will come shut them down. There’s no money for the mafia-style medical establishment in selling baking soda and the formula for killing cancer.
7. Organic garlic cloves — Beat down the pathogens thanks to over 200 biologically active components! There is a special enzyme that the “bad guys” (mutated cells) use to multiply, and it’s called “ornithine decarboxylase.” You could block this enzyme and cut off the enemy’s “supply lines.” How much easier would it be to beat cancer if cancer cells had NO fuel?!
8. Apricot seed kernels — The apricot seed “cyanide” controversy foolishly obscures an effective alternative cancer cure. Thousands of people have used apricot seeds to eliminate cancer without negative side effects. What if the “cyanide” from myths that scare you are really referring to the kind that KILLS CANCER and NOT you? Don’t let the medical mafia scare you away from longevity!
9. Cannabis sativa— The “Father of Chinese Medicine” discovered the healing properties of marijuana in 2700 BC. Throughout history, the ancient Egyptians, Persians and even Greek civilizations used medical cannabis. Mainstream medicine in the USA is very slow to recognize this because the DEA absurdly classifies it as a Schedule I narcotic, scaring off would-be patients and doctors.
If you’re anything like me, you love a good hot chocolate but are not interested in any of the store-bought, sugar-laiden, dairy-added options out there. You want clean, high quality ingredients and a made-from-scratch option.
This hot chocolate recipe has quickly become my favorite! It’s 100% real food, packed with superfood goodness, and is the perfect afternoon pick me up (with a little kick!) to keep you energized for the rest of your day.
Hot Chocolate Zen
1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 cup water, warmed on stovetop
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon raw maca powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
3 dashes cinnamon
cayenne + sea salt, pinch of each
Add all ingredients to blender. Blend well and enjoy!
Turmeric is one of the world’s healthiest foods. Turmeric’s antiseptic and antibacterial properties make it great for cleaning and treating wounds, and its anti-inflammatory properties work well against joint pain and are effective for treating arthritis. Experts believe that turmeric may even have over 600 potential preventive and therapeutic applications and 175 distinct beneficial physiological effects. Turmeric has been found to replace man pharmaceutical drugs such as ibuprofen.
Turmeric can be easily grown indoors. Turmeric is grown from rhizomes (root cuttings) similar to ginger. Turmeric does not propagate seeds. So all you need is one turmeric root which you can find at health stores (Whole Foods or Indian stores.)
How to Grow your own turmeric. It is FAR better than buying it
To grow turmeric indoors, just follow these simple steps:
1. Break a larger rhizome into a small rhizome piece that has two or three buds.
2. Fill the pots with rich organic soil, which is lightly moist but well drained. The ideal pH should range from 4.5 to 7.5
3. Place it about two inches below the surface of the soil, with the buds facing up.
3. Water the container.
That’s all there is to it!
Turmeric likes water. So try watering it once in 2 days. Keep the soil of the turmeric plant moist, but not too wet.
How to Harvest Turmeric
Turmeric takes between 6 to 10 months for the edible rhizomes to mature. Harvesting is easy, just dig up the entire plant including the roots.
Cut the needed amount off a finger at the edge of the pot and then return the soil.
Turmeric is a perennial herb plant that re-shoots every spring; it will continue to produce roots.
SAGE has graciously made the article available, accessible here for 30 days, starting September 1, 2013.
A significant portion of cancer patients are now using dietary supplements. However, patients often don’t report their use of supplementation to their providers. Moreover, physicians have varying levels of understanding and experience with supplements and their use with oncology patients.
“Today’s informed patients truly value physicians who appreciate them as equal participants in making their healthcare choices.” ~Moshe Frenkel, MD
This important paper, written by leading researchers and clinicians with extensive experience using supplements, features the following 10 natural agents as having some of the strongest suggested benefits and evidence of effectiveness for cancer care:
3. Vitamin D
4. Maitake Mushrooms
5. Fish Oil
6. Green Tea
7. Milk Thistle
As the article states, “The information was constructed to provide an up-to-date base of knowledge, so that physicians and other healthcare providers would be aware of the supplements and be able to discuss realistic expectations and potential benefits and risks.” Read the entire paper here.
For registration information on the 10th International Conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology, click here.
An excerpt from the Conference website is as follows….
Multidisciplinary oncology practitioners from around the globe, including stakeholders from virtually every major cancer center in the US and Canada, will convene to discuss the translation and evolution of evidence-based integrative oncology in practice, the steadily growing science base, and its continued rise in popularity as patients demand a whole person approach to cancer care that addresses the mind, body and spirit.
Kerry S. Courneya, PhD
Victoria Sweet, MD, PhD
Frank Meyskens, MD, FACP
Program highlights include a moderated debate on the controversial topic of the role of cannabis in the treatment and management of cancer and related side effects, led by Dr. Donald Abrams from the University of California San Francisco’s Osher Center for Integrative Medicine. And, be sure to join us for our annual SIO Gala on Monday, October 21.
Media and marketing veteran Glenn Sabin is a 22-year cancer “thriver” who created a comprehensive, integrative oncology approach to achieve a complete pathological remission of his CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia)—considered an “incurable” disease—without conventional intervention. Glenn’s case has been chronicled through Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and his personal oncologist, Lee M. Nadler, MD, Dean of Clinical and Translational Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Read More at his website FON Therapeutics.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of GreenMedInfo or its staff.
Though Mother Nature’s formulas are proprietary, she does not grant patents.
Some of the most powerful medicines on the planet are masquerading around as foods and spices. While they do not lend themselves to being patented, nor will multi-billion dollar human clinical trials ever be funded to prove them efficacious, they have been used since time immemorial to both nourish our bodies, and to prevent and treat disease. So valued were these in ancient times that they were worth their weight in gold, and entire civilizations either rose to great power or collapsed as a result of their relationship to them.
What is even more amazing is that many of these “plant allies” are found growing in our backyards, and often sitting there in our refrigerators and spice racks, neglected and under appreciated. In fact, many of us use these daily unaware that this is why we don’t get sick as often as those who do not incorporate them into their diet. Let’s look at a few examples….
1) Garlic – with the increasing prevalence of multi-drug resistant bacteria and the failure of the conventional, drug-based model to develop effective solutions against them (nor accepting responsibility for creating them), spices have regained their once universal reign as broad spectrum infection-fighters with sometimes life-saving power. Garlic, in fact, has several hundred therapeutic properties, confirmed by a growing body of scientific research, which you can view directly on GreenMedInfo.com.[i] One quick example of garlic’s power, is in killing multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB), which the mainstream media has termed the “white plague,” roiling the masses with a fear of drug-resistant (but not plant-extract resistant) they are made to believe they are defenseless against. Last year an article was published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal showing that garlic was capable of inhibiting a wide range of multiple drug resistant tuberculosis strains.[ii] The authors concluded “The use of garlic against MDR-TB may be of great importance regarding public health.” Garlic’s anti-infective properties do not end with MDR-TB, as it has been demonstrated to inhibit the following pathogens as well
Amoeba Entamoeba histolytica (parasite)
Dermatophytoses (a type of topical fungal infection)
Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus A. (MRSA)
Streptococcus Infections: Group A
Streptococcus Infections: Group B
Thrush (oral fungal infection)
This amazing list underscores how important it is to keep a supply of garlic close by!
2.)Honey – bees produce a wide range of therapeutic substances beyond honey, e.g. propolis, bee venom, royal jelly, beeswax, bee pollen, etc., but this sweet, sticky stuff that we all love to dip our paw into occasionally, is the most well-known and most copiously consumed of them all – and for good reason, it tastes great! But did you know that this sweet treat is one of nature’s most powerful healing agents, as well? Here is just a smattering of some of honey’s more scientifically researched health benefits and/or applications:
Aspirin-Induced Gastrointestinal Toxicity (honey coats the delicate linings of the stomach, preventing aspirin-induced lesions and bleeding)
Candida infection (despite the fact that honey contains sugar, it demonstrates anti-fungal properties)
Dental plaque (a recent study showed that Manuka honey was a viable alternative to chemical mouthwash in dissolving dental plaque)[iii]
There are many more uses for honey than covered here. Needless to say, replacing synthetic sweeteners or highly processed sugars or high fructose corn syrup with a moderate amount of honey may be a great preventative health step to take.
3) Apples – an apple a day does in fact keep the doctor away, especially cancer specialists it would seem. For instance, one of the most well-established health benefits of consuming apples is to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer. The more apples you consume, the less likely you are to develop this potentially fatal disease. To view the 5 studies that reference this relationship, go to the GreenmedInfo.com apple research page where you will also find 50 other health benefits of apple or apple byproducts (e.g. apple vinegar) consumption which include:
Aging, Reduce Rate
Allopecia (Hair Loss)
Radiation Induced Illness
4)Sunlight – this one may throw some of you off, but sunlight possesses both energy and information with real, metabolic value and is therefore a source of usable energy for the body – and so, in a very real sense it can be considered a form of food that we consume through our skin by way of its built in, melanin-based “solar panels.” Not only does adequate sunlight exposure result in the production of vitamin D, a hormone-like substance that regulates over 2,000 genes in the human body — and as a result prevents or ameliorates hundreds of vitamin D deficiency associated health conditions – but sunlight exposure itself has a unique set of health benefits not reducible to simply vitamin D production alone. One of the more interesting studies performed on sunlight exposure, based on data gathered from over 100 countries and published earlier this year in the journal Anticancer Research, showed that there was “a strong inverse correlations with solar UVB for 15 types of cancer,” with weaker, though still significant evidence for the protective role of sunlight in 9 other cancers. Here are some additional benefits of sunlight exposure:
5)Turmeric – quite possibly the world’s most important herb. Named “Kanchani,” or literally “Golden Goddess,” in the ancient Indian healing tradition, its healing properties have been deeply appreciated, if not revered for countless centuries. Turmeric has been scientifically documented to have over 500 applications in disease prevention and treatment. It also has been shown to modulate over 150 distinct biological and genetic/epigenetic pathways of value in health, demonstrating a complexity as well as gentleness that no drug on the planet has ever been shown to possess.
As there are too many health conditions that turmeric may benefit to list, we are listing the top 10 as determined by the GreenMedInfo algorithm which calculates both the evidence quantity (number of articles) and evidence quality (human study valued higher than animal, and so on). Also, the number in parentheses denotes the number of studies on the database demonstrating the beneficial relationship.